Ask the Experts: Summer Olympic Socioeconomics
To get a better understanding of the Tokyo Games’ biggest storylines, WalletHub posed the following questions to a panel of experts in the fields of sociology, economics, public policy and more. You can check out their bios and responses through the link below.
- With COVID-19 safety concerns in mind, what safety tips do you have for US tourists that will attend the Tokyo Olympics?
- Given its current vaccination count, is Tokyo safe and ready for the Olympics?
- Do you think that the US Olympic team will take first place in the medal count?
- Will Simone Biles become the first woman to win back-to-back Olympic championships in more than 50 years?
- What will be the impact of the Olympics on Tokyo’s economy?
For Professor Dudden’s replies to these questions, please check out WalletHub’s “Ask the Experts” feature.